Join us for a 3 hour workshop on either Sunday, November 20th, 2022 or Sunday, December 11th, 2022 where you will be given guided instructions on how to make and use your own mala that is designed and infused with love and your choices of semi-precious gemstone and wood beads.
Each mala created includes: 1 Meru/Guru bead • 2 Marker beads • 106 Counter beads • 1 Silver Plated Lotus or Paw Print Lentil bead • Your choice of Tassels, Charms or Amulets • 1 vial of Essential Oil • Carrying bag • Findings & Nylon cord.
You will learn how to chose a mantra to use with your japamala and how you can integrate mindfulness practices into your schedule.
Topics included in this workshop:
• What are mala beads?
• Styles of malas
• History of Beads • Mala
• How to Care for Your Mala
• Moving Meditations
• Anatomy of a Mala
• What is Mantra? Japa?
• Types of Mantras to Try
• Benefits of a Using a Japamala
This experience includes an endless cup of tea, time for self-reflection on your crafting skills, stretches for your hands, necks and shoulders and participation in valuable community connections. Please inquire anytime about anything.
• $75 + gst per person – Sign up and pay online OR Pay by e-transfer to email@example.com to save your space
• Refreshments provided
• Please dress comfortably
• Not wheelchair accessible. Entrance through stairs only.
• Detailed location and parking directions will be emailed to you for this learn to make your own mala class in Penticton