Join us for a fun and playful Beginners Introduction to Aerial Yoga.
Topics included in this 2 hour experience:
• Learn the anatomy of the aerial hammock and rigging
• Be aware of safe practices and precautions
• Practice a variety of poses with the hammock as standing support, aerial and inversions for a fully balanced yoga class
• Free play & have fun!
• Hanging upside down is optional
About Aerial Yoga
Aerial Yoga or Aerial Fitness is a fun way to move your body at any age. A silk hammock suspended from above is used in a variety of ways to support and help practice traditional yoga poses as well as put a new spin on them. For many people aerial yoga is more accessible than traditional yoga. From hip & shoulder openers, inversions, and balances, to core work, deep dynamic stretches and spine decompression, aerial yoga offers new and diverse ways to connect with your body and breath.
Benefits of Aerial Yoga include and are not limited to:
• Improves blood circulation and moves stagnant blood in the body helping fight heart disease
• Stimulates digestion through different kinds movement and stretches
• Hanging freely upside down (inverting) eases hip joint tension and allows the body and spine to lengthen, realign and decompress
• Flushes lymphatic & circulatory systems to help detoxify the body
• Offers a support tool to create stabilization for standing poses and assistance in deepening stretches
• Improves flexibility and increases strength
• Calms the nervous system & relieves stress in your hammock cocoon
• Increase proprioception – Your body’s ability to sense movement, action, and location
• Inversions increase blood flow to the brain, giving it more oxygen & nutrients helping with concentration, memory and clear thinking
• Boosts mood by having fun!
Invite your friend, partner or sibling to join you for an Introduction to Aerial Yoga in Penticton.
• $40 + gst per person – Sign up and pay online OR Pay by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Refreshments provided
• Please dress in snug, comfortable clothing. No velcro, zippers, sequins or embellishments as they may damage the fabric.
• All jewelry and rings must be removed to avoid snagging the material
• A full stomach is not recommended
• Not wheelchair accessible. Entrance through stairs only.
• Detailed location, parking directions and tips for a successful class will be emailed to you for this aerial yoga class in Penticton
• Cancellations for prepaid weekly sessions or classes require 48 hours notice for a full refund. Less than 48 hours notice, we will credit your payment towards a future service of your choosing.